How to download Softwares?
After reading this article and lecture carefully you will able to search and download any software you want to use and you will also become able to learn what is software? why the develop and what are the causes of the development of softwares.
What are software?
“Software means computer instructions or data. Anything that can be stored electronically is software, in contrast to devices which are called hardware”.
Computer software or simply software is a set of instructions that tells computer how to perform a specific task. However Computer software consists of computer programs and the data on which these programs perform different operations.
Computer software is non-tangible part of computer as compared to hardware, which is the physical component of computers. Moreover Computer hardware and software require each other and neither can be realistically used without the other.
Types of Software |What are Softwares
There are two main types of software. Application and system software. Based on the goal, computer software can be divided into:
- Application software, which is software that uses the computer system to perform special human oriented functions. There are many different types of application software, because the range of tasks required by the human and the interests of humans. —see list of software.Word Processor, Spreadsheets, Multimedia, Graphics and designing, Database management systems etc are core examples of application software.
- System software, which is software that performs machine oriented tasks and directly operates the computer hardware. System software includes:
- Operating systems, which are set of system softwares that manage and control all computer resources and provides a platform for other software to run “on top” of them.
- Device drivers, which operate or control a particular type of device that is attached to a computer. Each device needs at least one corresponding device driver; because a computer typically has at minimum at least one input device and at least one output device, a computer typically needs more than one device driver.
- Utilities, which are computer programs designed to assist users in maintenance and care of their computers.
- Malicious software or malware, which is software that is developed to harm and disrupt computers. As such, malware is undesirable. Malware is closely associated with computer-related crimes, though some malicious programs may have been designed as practical jokes.
- Embedded Software : which are integrated part of any electronic device like mobiles, PDAs, and Digital Blood Pressure measuring machine.
- Desktop Application: Which runs in a windows or any other Operating systems desktop without any network or internet environment. Examples are Calculator etc.
- Web Application : which usually run on the web server and output dynamically generated web pages to web browsers.
- Shareware : A software that is made by company and not free for use. However Company launches its demo or trial version with limited functionality or for a limited period of time.
- Freeware /Open source: A software that is made for free use and can be distributed without any cost for example VLC Media Players.
Now the questions is How these software are built? The answer is the with the use of computer programming language.
Types of Software Application – Downloading Freeware, Shareware for Win 10 – Free Websites
In this video Types of #Software Application and How to Download software. Downloading #Freeware, #Shareware and open source software for Windows 10 from top Free Software downloading Websites.
A programming language is a formal constructed language used to instruct computer how to perform a certain task. Programming languages are used to create programs and softwares.
Types of Languages
Low level language can be categorized as machine language and assembly language.
Machine language is purely consists of binary digits and very complex and difficult for a human to understand it.
An assembly language (or assembler language) is a low-level programming language for a computer, or other programmable device, in which there is a very strong (generally one-to-one) correspondence between the language and the architecture’s machine code instructions.
A software that is made for translation of high level language into machine level language. Moreover There are three kind of language translators.
A compiler is a computer program (or a set of programs) that transforms source code written in a programming language (the source language) into another computer language (the target language), with the latter often having a binary form known as object code. However The most common reason for converting a source code is to create anexecutable program
An assembler is a program that takes basic computer instructions and converts them into a pattern of bits that the computer’s processor can use to perform its basic operations. Some people call these instructions assemblerlanguage and others use the term assembly language.
In computer science, an interpreter is a computer program that directly executes, i.e. performs, instructions written in a programming or scripting language, without previously compiling them into a machine language program.