The first and foremost feature of any word processor is to create text documents. Microsoft word provides two ways to create a new document. Blank Document and using a template, A template is a builtin samples of commonly using office text documents like letters, memos, resumes etc by extremely experts on international standard. Here in this article and video we will demonstrate how to create a new document using Microsoft word Templates.
Microsoft word Template
Templates are builtin, fully formatted, well structured document samples which allows a novice user to create a high standard professional document. For example you want to make a resume but you don’t have any idea about its components and format. Template can help you to create resume with only clicks.
Each template contains different format, layout and a pre-constructed document in which users just need to type their own information to create a master piece docuement.
They are incredibly convenient and time-saving as they are delivering variety of layout options users are looking to create that resume, letters, faxes, reports, memos and brochures etc.
How to use document templates in Microsoft Word
- Start Microsoft Word 2007/2010 or higher
- Click on Office Button or File Menu in the left most corner of Microsoft Word Application Window.
- Depending on which version of Microsoft Word you are using, you may be presented with a pop-up window presenting the various template choices available at your disposal.
- For MS Word 2007 click on New and select Installed document. Now select your desired template and click on CREATE Button on the right bottom corner of the dialog box.
- For MS Word 2010,click the File menu, select New from Template near the top of the resulting drop-down menu, and select your desired template from the resulting list of options prior to clicking the gray Choose button in the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Just input your data and information in the new document as per given and pre-formatted document.