In this article we will discuss How to install Gradle manually on your Windows 10. Now before proceeding towards the installation process , First we will discuss What Gradle really is ??? and why we install gradle manually.
What is Gradle ?? how to install Gradle??
- The Android build system compiles app resources and source code, and packages them into APKs(Android Pakage Kit) that you can test, deploy, sign, and distribute. Android Studio uses Gradle, an advanced build toolkit, to automate and manage the build process, while allowing you to define flexible custom build configurations. Each build configuration can define its own set of code and resources, while reusing the parts common to all versions of your app. The Android plugin for Gradle works with the build toolkit to provide processes and configurable settings that are specific to building and testing Android applications.
- Gradle and the Android plugin run independent of Android Studio. This means that you can build your Android apps from within Android Studio, the command line on your machine, or on machines where Android Studio is not installed (such as continuous integration servers). If you are not using Android Studio, you can learn how to build and run your app from the command line . The output of the build is the same whether you are building a project from the command line, on a remote machine, or using Android Studio.
Basic Steps (How to install gradle manually)
There are many simple steps to gradle download for windows 64 bit and Install Gradle manually on your Window10……
To Install Gradle first of all you should have Java installed on windows10. After reviewing users attentions learn ho to install will also provide step by step tutorials how to install gradle in android studio,How to install gradle install command,how to install gradle ubuntu,how to install gradle mac,how to install gradle version command.
Step 1:How to Install Gradle manually
Firstly, What you have to do is to Open your Browser and Write Gradle on the Searh Bar…..
Step 2:(How to Install Gradle on Windows10)
Second step to download Gradle manually is to Click on the Gradle Build Tool which is the first option you have seen on your Google Search Engine.
How to Install Gradle : Step 3
A new page of Gradle.org will be open after clicking on the Gradle Build Tool .On the Gradle.org page you will find button of Install Gradle on Gradle.org Page to Install Gradle.
Now what you have to do is to Click on Install Gradle Button Simply……..
You can understand more by seeing this Image ….Given below….
Step 4 : Installing with a package manager/How to install Gradle Using Chocloaty manager
After Click on Install Gradle you move to next Page in which yo will see the more options or advanced options like
- You are able to install gradle by using different packages If you dont want to install it manually .You will use Different Packages like
- You can use Homebrew https://brew.sh/
- Free to use Chocolaty https://chocolatey.org/
- Able to use Scoop https://scoop.sh/
- you can also use McPorts https://www.macports.org/
Step 5 : Manually Install Gradle
Below the upper context you will see option to install gradle manually without any pakage now at this stage you will saw three option which are :
- The Option no 1 = Download => To Download the Latest distribution of Gradle only.
- Now Option no 2 = Binary Only =>To Download the Binary only Gradle distribution.
- Option no 3 = Complete => To Download Gradle with its complete Sources and Documents.
- Note : The most recommended option is Option no 3.You should install gradle by downloading its Complete version.
Manually Gradle Installation : Step 6
To Download the Complete version of Gradle successfully you have to Click on Complete button.When you click on Complete your Complete version of Gradle with Complete Docs and sources will start Downloading.
Manually Install Gradle : Step 7
Now the Complete version of Gradle is start Downloading……..
Manually How to Install Gradle : Step 8
Now You have a complete downloaded file of Gradle.
- Go to your system Downloads.
- In Downloads Select the Gradle downloaded folder.
- Unzip the Folder and extract all the Files .
- You can see below how it be done.
Now a Popup will be displayed on your screen which will extract the Files from the Folder.
You will seen a Popup like the picture which i have placed below.
How Gradle Install Manually : Step 10
After the extraction you will find a extracted folder in the same list like you can see the picture below
Point To Remember
Now here you have to Change the folder name shown above in the picture or if you dont want to change the folder name no Problem !!! Simply you have to copy the above folder in the C Directory.
Above is the process of copy in the C Directory
Manually Install Gradle : Step 11
- Click on Gradle Folder
- Now you will see bin Folder Click on it
- Now You have to copy the address from this bin
- How to copy the address is shown in Figure below
Learn to Install Gradle : Step 13
In the previous step you copied the address
- Go to you Desktop
- Right Click on the ThisPc icon on the Desktop
- You will see the small popup
- Single Click on Properties Similarly and you are opening the properties of your desktop
- See in Figure
Manually How to Install Gradle : Step 14
Click on the Advanced system settings
After Click on the Advance System Settings A popup of System Properties will display on your Screen
Click on the Environment Variables as shown in the Figure
After Clicking on Environment Variables A Environmental Variable Popup will be displayed on your Screen
Click on the Path to Edit the path as Shown in Figure Below
Now A popup of Edit Environmental Variables will display on your Screen
Click on New Button to Edit /Paste your copied Path
For-instance This could be like this as shown in the picture below when to click on the New Button
Moreover Above in the circle of Picture you have to Paste the copied Address which we copied previously in this tutorial at Step 11
I am pasting my Copied address for your better understanding ,Take a look on the figure pasted below
Press the Ok Button to Finish it.
Your Manual Installation of Gradle has been Completed Successfully
- After installing Gradle Successfully Most Importantly you should check that either your Gradle has been installed or not
- How to check Gradle successfully installed is describe below.
How to Check the Installation of Gradle??????
- Go to the Windows Command Prompt
- You can open it from Start manu / go to windows search and write command prompt
- Command prompt will be open as shown below in the figure
- Open Command prompt from Start
- Write Gradle -v in the command prompt as shown in the figure below
- Click enter
- If the system gives you answer as shown in Figure below
- It means your Gradle has been Installed Successfully
For VLC installation Visit Learn how to install vlc player
To Install Notepad++ Visit learn how to install notepad++
For the Installation of Visual Studio Code Visit Learn how to install visual sudio code
If you want to Learn how to Install python then visit the Link given below
How to Install Python 3.7.2 on Windows 10