Today lecture objectives are : Understanding/sharing the basics of CAI Exploring the role/importance of CAI in education Types of CAI Explanation and examples of CAI Advantages Limitations Course book
To introduce Computer aided instructions, let start with following questions.
Have you ever used CAI?
Have you not used computer for learning? Have you not used computer for teaching? Have you learned typing using any software? Have you listened any lecture for English If yes Then this is all about CAI
CAI refers to the use of the computer as a tool to facilitate and improve instruction. An instruction is “detailed information about how something should be done or operated”, to teach or to train. A CAI program can be used in following ways to improve instruction for examples drill and practice , Simulation problem solving approaches to present topics They test the student’s understanding.
Computer Assisted Instruction
Following are the names that might be given to CAI
- Use of computer in education is referred by many names such as
- Computer Assisted Instruction (CAI)
- Computer Aided Instruction (CAI)
- Computer Assisted Learning (CAL)
- Computer Based Education (CBE)
- Computer Based Instruction (CBI)
- Computer Managed Instruction (CMI)
- Web Based Training/Learning/Instruction